Falcon Pointe Weekly News & Updates
February 20 2020
Happy Friday Jr.!
Do you own or manage a local business? We're looking for donations of prizes for our upcoming Casino Night held on Saturday, March 7th. You can donate prizes associated with your business and have an opportunity to demonstrate your services. Your donation will support your community and promote your business, win win! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in donating, or becoming an official sponsor of Falcon Pointe. If you'd like to make an introduction and refer us to a business owner you think may be interested, contact us.
Please keep the fight against the weeds, strong! The warm weather, humidity, and rain, create the perfect climate for stubborn weeds. Please hand pull, apply pre-emergent and post-emergent, let them know who's boss!
Pond 1 (pond at Secluded Willow), recently had a portion of the bull rush removed to open it up. The pond maintenance company is aware of the algae and are waiting for the water level to drop, in order to treat, so the chemical application can penetrate. Central Park's pond, Pond 3, light cable replacement has been approved by the Board. A rodent chewed through the light cable and the replacement will have a varmint proof cord. The work is in the process of being scheduled.
Call for Voting Reps! We are looking for a Neighborhood Representative that lives in Somerset (9E and 9W), Pinyon Pines (13PC), Woodcreek Trail (5A), Stonehill (6B), Parkwood (B & D). If you do not reside in those specific neighborhoods, but would like to volunteer, we still need you. You could be a an alternate/back up, please contact us! If you are unsure of what section you reside in, please contact us! If you have a recommendation of a neighbor who you think would be a great point of contact as a neighborhood voice, please contact us (we won't tell them who gave us their number ha just kidding). There's ample opportunity for your voice to be heard, speak to management.
Recently, I attended a management meeting where one of my peers advised me of an activity their community has been conducting. I think the idea is interesting and would like feedback from you all. It's called, "homeowners teaching homeowners." If you have a particular skill set or knowledge you feel your neighbors would benefit from learning about, contact me to discuss. Some examples of what a neighbor could hold a free mini class on is, Gluten Free Bread making, Growing Herbs Indoors, Beer Brewing. I'm sure there's much more!
Thanks for everyone's help in keeping Falcon Pointe safe, fun and beautiful!
Monique Williams, CMCA
- Pint Night: Friday, February, 21st, 7-10pm
- Landscape Grounds Committee Meeting:Tuesday, March 3rd, 6:15pm, clubhouse
- Casino Night: Saturday, March 7th, 7pm. 80's theme! $15 for individual, $25/couple.
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, February 25th, 6:00pm
- Spring Fling: Saturday, April 4th
- Spring Garage Sale: Saturday, April 18th with a rain out date of April 25th
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration: Saturday, May 2nd
- Stay in the know Join us at the Falcon Pointe Community Association Facebook Page for the latest news, info on area events, and more!
Community Reminders and Updates
- Street Parking and Guests: A friendly reminder to please be courteous to your neighbors with the street parking and noise. We know this is the season for guests and celebrations, please take time to let your neighbors know if you plan on having cars parked in the street or an upcoming party. This simple gesture will hopefully prevent a frustrated neighbor complaint. We've received complaints of owners not parking legally in the street, and have advised the complainant to contact the police. Please do not block hydrants or exit/entry points or walkways. Commercial vehicles are not allowed at Falcon Pointe.
- Doggie Owners: We have been receiving ALOT OF complaints of dogs being left outside to bark, continuously. Please make sure you are being a good "fur baby" owner and giving your dog plenty of exercise, attention and stimulating toys to prevent boredom. The current phone number for Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services is, 512.990.6280, their main number isn't working right now.
- City Compliance The City of Pflugerville would like to remind everyone that parking an RV/trailer in the driveway or in the street is not only against HOA policy, but also against the rules of City code. Also, if you are leaving tree trimmings or old BBQ grills to be picked up on trash day, those items cannot be left in the road or on the sidewalk. They must be left on the curb. https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/for-residents/report-a-problem
- Commercial Vehicles, Trailers, Boats, RV's Pods: These are not allowed to be parked in the street or driveway of our community. Parking these without permission from the board will result in a violation fine! To obtain temporary permission, please email email@example.com in advance
- Architectural Review Please remember items such as landscape changes, playscapes, sheds, any and all permanent structures front and backyard need approval BEFORE installation or purchase. Owners who do a modification without permission are subject to a fine. The average turn around time is 3 weeks for COMPLETE applications, please do not schedule your contractor before obtaining approval formally.
- Sponsor of Falcon Pointe, Camp Gladiator: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at Falcon Pointe, 6am and 7:30am and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 4:45pm and 6:30pm. A new location is at Spare Time, Tues., Thurs., and Fri., 5:35am & 8:15am
- May 2020 Bond Package Survey: The City's bond committee seeks residents to complete a 5 minute survey pertaining to the proposed bond package for the May 2020 election. They'd like help from the City to tailor the bond, https://www.pflugervillebonds.com
Please help us thank our awesome community sponsors. We appreciate all of their ongoing support.
Massey Services INC.
Renewal By Andersen Window Replacement
Amber McCulure-Live Free Insurance
Baylor Scott & White
Freedom Fun USA
Spare Time Texas - Check out their website for their new Summer leagues, clubs, and free bowling lessons!
Kelly Lane Dentistry
Sheehan Law PPLC
Two Maid & Mop
FEBRUARY PROMOTION FOR FALCON POINTE RESIDENTS!
NEW CUSTOMERS: Mention promo code "FALCON" and get $50 OFF a deep clean or
$20 off your first three maintenance cleans!
CURRENT CUSTOMERS: Refer a reoccurring friend to us and get 50% OFF your next cleaning! (discounted after completion of friend's first cleaning)
Get an instant quote or schedule on-line at www.twomaidsroundrock.com.
A&S Tree Care, LLC
Tyson Wynia, Realty Austin, 512.791.4957, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alden Roofing: https://www.aldenroofing.com/
St. Elizabeth Early Childhood Development Center: Now enrolling for 2019-2020! Register now before classes fill! In operation since 1997, St. Elizabeth ECDC is one of the most established early childhood centers in Pflugerville for children ages 2-5. We would love for you to stop by for a tour. For more information check out our website at www.stelizabethecdc.com. Check out our Facebook page to see photos of activities & learning at St. Elizabeth ECDC: www.facebook.com/StElizabethECDC/
Camp Gladiator: email@example.com, CG has several locations right in your backyard, including the Falcon Pointe Residents Center, with workout times ranging from 4:45am-7:00pm. Check out our website to get more information....https://campgladiator.com/
MANAGEMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Falcon Pointe Community Association, Manager Monique Williams
Assistant Manager, Jessica McCullough
19015 Falcon Pointe Blvd. Pflugerville, TX 78660 Phone: 512- 670-1400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:30pm Saturday: CLOSED Sunday: CLOSED
Questions and concerns regarding day to day maintenance issues, deed restrictions, and amenities should first be directed to the Residents' Club 512-670-1400 or email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org