Falcon Pointe Weekly News & Updates
August 9 2018
- YARD OF THE MONTH: Thank you to everyone who participated. August's winner is 18817 Douglas Maple! There were a lot of beautiful yards nominated as well as those that I saw through out the neighborhood when driving around. We truly appreciate and love the pride of ownership displayed, well done!
- Tonight is Dive In Movie Night, PG-13: August 9th, 8pm, we'll be showing a drama/thriller, about a shark attack, The Shallows! Come enjoy a nail biting flick, hot popcorn and some cool water. Parents of young children, please feel free to review the movie rating information through this link to help you decide if it's appropriate for your child to attend, https://kids-in-mind.com/s/shallows.htm
- Back to School Splash Bash: Saturday, August 11th, 9am-11:30am, at the Falcon Pointe pool. Come in your swimsuit and be ready to do some limbo, hula hooping, diving, and racing in the pool. There will be donuts, giveaways and games!
- Pint Night: Thursday, August 16th, 7pm, head over to the clubhouse and bring some brew to enjoy, along with your neighbors' company!
- Landscape Committee Meeting: Monday, August 20th, 6:15pm
- Activities Committee Meeting: Tuesday, August 28th, 6:15pm (pushed back from regular meeting date due to school starting)
- BBQ Cook-Off: (cooking begins Friday, Sept 7th), Saturday, Sept 8th, a good time for the entire family. More details to come, save the date!
- Fall Community Garage Sale: Saturday, October 6th
- Stay in the know Join us at the Falcon Pointe Community Association Facebook Page for the latest news, info on area events, and more!
Community Reminders and Updates
- Doggie Owners: We have been finding doggie poop bags left on the sidewalks. Specifically, between Barley Field Pass and Lone Star Blvd. Please dispose of these bags, do not leave these laying around our community. Violaters will be fined.
- Voting Rep Elections: It's voting rep election time. . If you're interested in being a voting rep for your section please complete the attached form, if you have any questions, please call the office at 512.670.1400, http://www.lifeatfalconpointe.com/documents.asp?id=461538&page=5
- Trash at community ponds: Thank you to the residents that report problematic areas and who also go the extra mile and pick up trash around the area. There is a professional pond maintenance company and a porter, but all the extra eyes and ears (and hands) are extremely helpful. Please report to management any concerns.
- Gate Monitors: A friendly reminder, starting Friday, May 25th, Falcon Pointe IDs will be required to enter the community pool. No alcohol is allowed poolside, please respect all pool rules. Please refrain from using oversized floaties so that everyone can enjoy the pool with less crowding. Your patience while waiting in the entrance line, will be greatly appreciated. The check-in process is being done for your safety and enjoyment. After 11pm, minors, should not be at ANY of the amenities. If you do not have a resident ID card, please contact the HOA office for an appointment, 512.670.1400.
- City Compliance The City of Pflugerville would like to remind everyone that parking an RV/trailer in the drivewary or in the street is not only against HOA policy, but also against the rules of City code. Also, if you are leaving tree trimmings or old BBQ's to be picked up on trash day, those items cannot be left in the road or on the sidewalk. They must be left on the curb.
- NOISE:Please be aware of your dogs barking outside. There are alot of residents who work from home, as well as those who want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the community. Please be considerate of others and make sure your dog is getting plenty of exercise and not left outside to bark for an unreasonable amount of time. Thank you.
- Commercial Vehicles, Trailers, Boats, RV's Pods:These are not allowed to be parked in the street or driveway of our community. Parking these without permission from the board will result in a violation fine! To obtain temporary permission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Architectural Review Please remember items such as landscape changes, playscapes, sheds, any and all permanent structures front and backyard need approval BEFORE installation.
- Tree Trimming The City of Pflugerville ordinances require that trees must hang no less than 8 ft above sidewalks and 14 ft above the street. These ordinances ensure that recreational sidewalk use and emergency vehicle roadway use is not inhibited by tree growth or limbs. Please ensure your trees are trimmed accordingly.
- Do you own or manage a local business? We will be planning a Fall Bazaar to occur Nov. 11th. We encourage you to participate. Also, think about being a Falcon Pointe Community Sponsor. The fee is nominal, we'll put you on our website and we'll mention your business to every new homeowner during their orientation. Call the office for details.
- Pfloating Movie Night: August 10th, Scott Mentzer Pool, gates open at 8:15pm, 901 Old Austin Hutto Road, Ice Age
- Coffee With a Cop: Visit with leaders from Pflugerville Police Dept, at West Pecan Coffee + Beer between 7am-9am, August 17th
- Master Gardener Presentation: August 23rd, 6pm, Pflugerville Public Library, Houseplants 101, Linda Burch will discuss houseplant selection and care, ages 18+,
- Pfarmers Market: Summer shopping season runs each Tues. from May to November at the Green Red Barn.
- Digital Neighborhood Watch: Pflugerville Police Department is partnering with residents who own a home surveillance camera system to help solve crimes and keep their community safe. Details here.
- City of Plugerville http://www.pflugervilletx.gov/for-visitors/event-calendar
- Quick city updates Pflugeville Pfocus at https://www.youtube.com/user/CityofPflugerville
Hard to believe that this is the last weekend before school is back in session. I want to thank everyone, especially, the parents and children of Falcon Pointe, for making this summer season such a great one! We appreciate you all leaving the oversized floaties at home and taking time out of your day to get your teens resident ID cards.
I know that many of you are concerned about the splash pad at the amenity center not being up and running, I am frustrated with this as well. We are working in conjunction with your professional pool maintenance company in trying to find a solution for the flooring repair that is needed. We have met with several contractors and are still gathering information and will get this up and running as soon as possible. We will provide an update soon, and we apologize for this inconvenience.
We still have some BOGO coupons from Spare Time and some "free 3 day class" passes to Nirvana Gym, swing by the office if you're interested.
Monique Williams, CMCA
Falcon Pointe Community Manager
Please help us thank our awesome community sponsors. We appreciate all of their ongoing support.
Qualitech Seamless Gutters
Baylor Scott & White
Alba Energy Alba Energy is offering a new promotion! FREE POWER FOR A YEAR! Sign up at https://albaenergy.com Click here to sign up for a free solar analysis and a special offer for Falcon Pointe residents.
Freedom Fun USA
Orangetheory Fitness - Their innovative workouts make them a health studio where you'll see results.
Spare Time Texas - Check out their website for their new Winter leagues, clubs, and free bowling lessons!
Thrivent Financial - Click HERE to read an article titled "Falcon Pointe Preparing for Parenthood"
Stone Hill Optical
Complete Landscape Service
Dr. Farrah Ortho
Kiddie Academy-Storytime Live! Spend the day with Curious George & Pinkalicious, free for the whole neighborhood! Saturday, August 25th, 10am-12pm, kastorytime.com
St. Elizabeth Early Childhood Development Center -www.facebook.com/St-Elizabeth-Early-Childhood-Development-Center-ECDC-1404131736357712/
Central Security Group
Alden Roofing: https://www.aldenroofing.com/
MANAGEMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Falcon Pointe Community Association, Manager Monique Williams
Part Time Assistant Manager, Jessica McCullough
19015 Falcon Pointe Blvd. Pflugerville, TX 78660 Phone: 512- 670-1400 Email: email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:30pm Saturday: CLOSED Sunday: CLOSED
Questions and concerns regarding day to day maintenance issues, deed restrictions, and amenities should first be directed to the Residents' Club 512-670-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org