Falcon Pointe Weekly News & Updates
March 23, 2017
- Thursday March 23rd (RESCHEDULED) - Pint Night @ 7pm - Beer club meets in the Clubhouse every third thurday of the month. Grab a sixer of your favorite brew and a snack. This club just started about 2 months ago and it is really growing so if you're looking to meet some people in the neighborhood this is a great way to do that. This is a strickly 21+ club.
- CANCELLED Thursday March 23rd - Scrapbook Club @ 6pm - Tonight's scrapbooking club is cancelled. Our next meeting will be on April 13th.
- Wednesday April 5th - Wine Club @ 7pm - This is a 21+ club. Wine Club meets every first wednesday of the month. Feel free to bring your favorite bottle of wine and a little snack to the clubhouse.
- Saturday April 8th 10a-1p - Spring Fling - Come join the Spring fun, egg hunt along with other activities. We ask that all particapting residents drop off 10 filled eggs to the office by Monday April 3rd. Please avoid using chocolate as it melts and tape the eggs closed. This is a free community event, however it will be a closed event only for Falcon Pointe Residents. For more information click here.
- Tuesday April 12th - Activities Committee Meeting @ 6pm - Every second Tuesday of each month we have our monthly Activities Committee meeting, this is where we discuss upcoming events. If you are interested in getting involved we are always looking for new help and ideas. All event volunteers receive discounted tickets on that event or upcoming events.
- Thursday, April 13th - Scrapbooking & Craft Club @ 6pm - If you like Scrapbooking and or doing crafts bring your favorite supplies up to the clubhouse for a night of crafting with fellow Falcon Pointe Community residents.
- Thursday April 18th - Pint Night @ 7pm - Beer club meets in the Clubhouse every third thurday of the month. Grab a sixer of your favorite brew and a snack. This club just started about 2 months ago and it is really growing so if you're looking to meet some people in the neighborhood this is a great way to do that. This is a strickly 21+ club.
- Save the Date - Saturday April 22nd - Spring Garage Sale - Our biannual neighborhood garage sale is coming up in a few months. Start cleaning out your closets.
- Save the Date - Saturday May 6th 10a-1p - Dance with Mom - Our Annual Dance with mom event is coming up. Mark your calendars, we will have more information soon.
Community Reminders and Updates
- The Clubhouse parking lot will be closed March 20-24 weather permitting for asphalt work and parking lot restriping. The office will remain open during this time.
- The splash pad at the Clubhouse will be closed Monday, March 20th- March 24th to refurbish the water toys and buckets.
- Any change to the landscaping that would include changing the dimensions or pattern of the current planter beds, creating new planter beds, adding any hardscape or proposing plant material not listed in the Landscape Guidelines requires the submittal of a Home Improvement Application and approval by the Reviewer prior to any work taking place. For additional guidelines - click here
1st Violation: Courtesy Letter
2nd Violation: $25
3rd Violation: $50
4Th Violation: $100
5th Violation: $125
**** for the same violation
- We're looking to start the Landscape Committee back up again as Spring is right around the corner. If you're interested in the long term maintenance of our community and common areas please call the office to sign up at 512-670-1400. Thank you.
- Resident's Directory - Looking for services in the area or do you have a business? Don't forget to see what business/services, etc. are offered by your neighbors.
- Do you own or manage a local business?? - Think about being a Falcon Pointe Community Sponsor. The fee is nominal, we'll put you on our website and we'll mention your business to every new homeowner during their orientation. Call the office for details.
- Falcon Pointe Architectural Committee- When thinking about a home or landscaping improvement don't hesitate to call the office to make sure it's compliant. All the rules and modification documents can be found at www.lifeatfalconpointe.com.
The Heritage House is looking for photos/information on Pflugerville Veterans who served before 1975. If you could help get the word out it would be appreciated.
The U.S. Army Field Band’s Jazz Ambassadors will stop at Connally High School next month as part of its 2017 Spring Tour.
The 19-member military ensemble, which has toured throughout the United States and abroad, visits the Connally Performing Arts Center April 10 at 7 p.m.
Tickets are free of charge and will be available at the PfISD Administration Building, 1401 W. Pecan St., beginning March 20. Business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Water rates and landscaping costs should be a concern for all homeowners. One solution is choosing low-water use plants adapted to dry conditions saving us money on our monthly water bill. In fact, all of Pflugerville benefits because our existing utility infrastructure and water supplies can serve more families and save tax dollars.
DROP-BY-DROP REBATE PROGRAM offers up to $500 to Pflugerville residents and water customers for landscaping improvements meeting the program guidelines. If you are interested, you will still need to go through the ACC and submit a modification for approval.
- Every Sunday at their community park Pinyon Pines plays Volleyball. They meet up @ 3pm if you are interested in getting involved.
- Pflugerville Calendar of Events - Want to know what's happening around Pflugerville this month, (click here).
- WHAT'S NEW IN PFLUGERVILLE? (click here)
Going on vacation? Consider using the close patrol
Did you know? The Pflugerville Police Department offers a vacation watch / close patrol of your residence. A resident can request a security check be made of their property during a vacation or trip. If any unknown person is found on your property, they may be detained and interviewed by a police officer.
While close patrol is not a contract to guard your property, it is a request that the Pflugerville Police Department come by and randomly check your property while you are away. To sign up, call police communications at 251-4004, and choose option “0.”
- Deutschen Pfest is coming - Booth vendors now accepted for Deutschen Pfest which is May 19-21. Gate volunteers are also in high demand. Visit www.deutschenpfest.com for more details.
City in Stage 2 water restrictions
Effective March 1, Pflugerville moved to Stage 2 water restriction enforcement with a two-day watering schedule that allows car washing before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m. on your designated watering days.
Water Conservation Twice-a-Week Outdoor Watering Schedule: (based on street address)
Residential homes with an odd number: Wednesday and Saturday
Residential homes with an even number: Thursday and Sunday
No watering on Mondays
Commercial facilities (apartments, condominiums, civic, commercial, industrial and institutional properties) Tuesday and Friday
All water customers are required to comply with the water conservation schedule. Report water restriction violations to the city of Pflugerville Public Works Department at 512-990-6400. www.pfreshwater.com
Welcome our new Community Sponsor, Thrivent Financial, Connecting faith and finances for good. In 2016, Ethisphere rated Thrivent Financial, "World's Most Ethical Companies." For more information:
Welcome our new Community Sponsor, Stone Hill Optical located in the Stone Hill shopping center, for more information on their services please visit their website www.stonehilloptical.com
Complete Landscape Service is proud to service Falcon Pointe. For the month of April we’ll give you a complimentary irrigation check with your service. Please mention you saw this on the Falcon Pointe newsletter.
Central Security Group
Complete Landscape Service
County Line Equestion Center -
Dr. Farrah Ortho -
Dyezz Surveillance and Security-
KMAC Air Conditioning & Heating LLC-
Pflugerville Smiles Dentistry-
Stone Hill Optical
St. Elizabeth PDO-
Message from Natalie
I look forward to seeing everyone at Casino Night Saturday.
Thank You to the Activities Committee for planning such an awesome event.
Falcon Pointe Community Association
19015 Falcon Pointe Blvd.
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Phone: 512- 670-1400Fax: 512-670-9008
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Questions and concerns regarding day to day maintenance issues, deed restrictions, and amenities should first be directed to the Residents' Club 512-670-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org